JACK NICKLAUS AND FREDERICK LAW OLMSTED
Nicklaus, legendary champion, and the world’s leading golf course designer.
In collaboration with
Olmsted, creator of Buffalo’s parks system, and the world’s finest landscape architect.
Combine the beauty of a Nicklaus design with the wonder of an Olmsted park,
to create recreation spaces, pastoral settings and an education facility like no other in America.
- Nicklaus re-designs the Delaware Park golf course, utilizing less space, thus permitting restoration of a portion of Olmsted’s original meadow; Nicklaus’ design will include pathways for non-golf use, and landscape features for winter sports and recreation;
- Nicklaus designs a second, destination golf course in South Buffalo, on a parcel adjacent to South Park, permitting removal of the present South Park golf course and full restoration of Olmsted’s world-renowned Arboretum;
- Construction of an Education Center next to South Park to provide minority youth with vocational training in: land/water conservation; course maintenance; botany; dendrology; and agronomy.
Restoration of Olmsted’s vision; Recreation as only Nicklaus can design;
Education for Buffalo’s youth
- Enhance Olmsted’s elegant Delaware Park with the beauty of a Nicklaus design;
- Restore Olmsted’s original South Park Arboretum;
- Provide education, vocational skills and employment to minority youth;
- Create new public recreation amenities for inner-city residents; and
- Add to the investment and energy that is reviving the City of Buffalo.
CITY OF BUFFALO
Where east coast sophistication meets mid-west charm.
And where the works of Louis Sullivan, H.H. Richardson, E.B. Green, and Frank Lloyd Wright surround Olmsted’s natural canvas.
Join our cause to combine the beauty of a Nicklaus design with the wonder of an Olmsted park.
And in the process, provide Buffalo’s inner-city youth with vocational training in land and water conservation,
course maintenance, agronomy, botany and preservation.